Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary Eighth Edition: Paperback with iWriter on CD-Rom
Published by Oxford University Press
NEW for the 8th edition
* 1,000 new words and meanings covering technology, lifestyle, slang, the economy (carbon trading, citizen journalism, malware, social bookmarking, stack
it, staycation, X factor).
* Oxford 3000?Plus shows students the most important words to know in English and the most important meanings of those words.
* Academic Word List words marked.
NEW interactive whiteboard-friendly CD-ROM
* an interactive tutor to help students plan, write, and review their written work.
* Thesaurus, Cultural Guide and Word origins integrated with the A-Z create a complete reference tool.
* Example bank with 1,000s of extra example sentences.
* Topic vocabulary banks make it easy to look up and learn words used in society and politics, science and technology, culture, and education.
* Dictation exercises in a variety of accents to develop listening skills needed for passing exams.
* Help with learning and teaching dictionary skills.
* Exercises to practise and learn the Academic Word List.
Buy 10 or more copies and receive a FREE set of Little Books and Worksheets.
Each 24 page Little Book contain entries from the Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary, 8th Edition and a classroom quiz.
* Little Book of New Words
* Little Book of Word Origins
* Little Book of Feelings and Emotions
* 20 page booklet with A4 photocopiable worksheets for teachers to use with the Little Books and Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary, 8th Edition
Your free pack will contain 1 booklet of the worksheets and 10 copies of each of the little books